Chimney Sweeping & Wood Service
- Chimney sweep with level I (visual) inspection – $219 for the first flue, $129 per additional flue
- Chimney sweep with level II (video) inspection – $299 for the first flue, $199 per additional flue
- Chimney sweep with insurance/real estate inspection (includes written report, non-video level I) – $299 for the first flue, $199 per additional flue
- Surcharge for rotary sweep/direct connect/other unusual sweep (cost is in addition to regular sweeping charge) – $129/hr, billed in ¼ hr increments (beginning after the 1st hour, which is included in the cost of the regular sweep)
- Wood service – $129 for the 1st 30 minutes, $129/hr thereafter, billed in ¼ hr increments
- Masonry service – $149 for the 1st 30 minutes, $149/hr thereafter, billed in 1/4 hr increments
- Custom masonry work – $149/hr.
Gas & Grill Maintenance & Service
- Routine gas maintenance – $149 for the 1st unit, $129/additional unit
- Gas service call – $129 for the 1st 30 minutes, $129/hr thereafter, billed in ¼ hr increments.
- Grill service/maintenance call – $149 for the 1st 30 minutes, $129/hr thereafter, billed in ¼ hr increments
- Gas service call with insurance/real estate inspection (includes written report) – $299 for the 1st unit, $199/additional unit
- We offer Saturday service one Saturday each month during the busy season, for an additional $50 fee. This date is TBD each month, based on the technicians’ availability. If you would like a Saturday appointment, please let the scheduler know.
- For locations more than 20 miles from our showroom, we do apply a nominal trip charge to cover vehicle expenses and travel time. That trip charge is $4/mile for addresses 20-30 miles away from our showroom, and $6/mile for addresses more than 30 miles away. For example, a job 24 miles from Charlottesville would incur a $16 trip charge, while one 34 miles away would incur an $84 charge. Neighbors can schedule sweeps together to split the charge (although due to limited office staffing, we do request that you and your neighbors coordinate that with one another).
- In order to encourage our customers to schedule their regular maintenance during our slower summer months (April 1st-August 31st), we offer an off-season discount on chimney sweeping and gas maintenance. This discount does not apply to on-site assessments, masonry work, chimney relining, or installations.
- IMPORTANT: Please give us a call at least 24 hours in advance if you cannot keep your appointment. We do charge a $50 fee to help cover our employees’ wasted time and vehicle expenses if we don’t hear from you by then.
A Note About Our Pricing
Wooden Sun is a small, local, family-owned business. We have put our heart and soul into creating a beautiful showroom displaying as many of our products as we can. We warrant our installation labor for as long as you own the product, and follow industry best practices established by the National Fire Prevention Association, rather than minimal standards required by building code. We believe in superior customer service provided by employees who receive continuous training on industry best practices. We believe in living wages, and providing our employees with health, retirement, and vacation benefits. All of these are reflected in our pricing.