Indoor Accessories and Tools
Wooden Sun carries a variety of tools and accessories to make your hearth experience more complete. These are just a few of the accessory brands and products we carry.
Magnetic Stove Thermometers
Maintaining the correct temperature in your woodstove is crucial to its effectiveness and longevity. If your stove is too cool, you’ll get a small, smokey fire that puts out very little heat and deposits creosote in your flue; too hot, and you risk damage to your stove. Magnetic surface thermometers (calibrated for either stovetop or stovepipe placement) are clearly labeled with the various temperature ranges (too cool – burn zone – too hot), so you can monitor your stove’s performance, and open or close the air controls for optimal performance and safety.
Ecofan Heat-powered Stovetop Fan
This clever little stovetop fan actually generates its own electricity from the heat of your woodstove! Almost silent, and perfect for power outages, the Caframo Ecofan helps circulate the heat from your woodstove into your home up to 38% faster.
First Alert Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Detector
• Low-profile smoke and carbon monoxide alarm detects two potentially deadly threats
• Slim, easy-to-install design is half as thick as a standard smoke alarm
• Built-in 10-year battery offers continuous power for the life of the detector
• Photoelectric sensor detects smoke while minimizing false alarms
• Electrochemical sensor alerts you to carbon monoxide danger from multiple sources
A.W. Perkins Firewood Moisture Meter
Properly-seasoned firewood is crucial for the optimal function of your woodstove. A moisture meter will tell you if you’re in the correct 15%-20% moisture range for ideal wood burning.
Various sizes, styles, and designs available in-store. Several of our vendors also offer custom screen options, if you have a non-standard fireplace, or want a specific color or design.
Shown here: Stoll Forged Arch in Textured Black
Available in various sizes, shapes, and bar sizes (1/8″-3/4″)
Shown here: Stoll Ember Grate
This pine heartwood will help you get your fire going faster! Just place one or two fatwood sticks around your stacked logs and kindling, and the high resin content will have the fire crackling away in practically no time.
Hearth Cleaning & Maintenance Products
• Hearth & Glass Crème – ammonia-based cleansers can react with the heat from your fire to damage the glass of your wood stove or fireplace doors. Using a product specifically designed for stove glass helps keep your hearth appliances looking and functioning at their best.
• Stove black – designed for non-enameled cast iron, Stove Black will keep your stove looking like new.
• Stove paint – designed for steel stoves, and available in a wide variety of colors, this stove paint will stand up to the heat produced by your wood stove, and cover up the signs of natural wear and tear. Wooden Sun also carries high-temperature paint specifically designed for stovepipe, gas venting, and gas grills.
• Shown here: The Atmosfire dry wipe pad lets you clean the glass on your stove or fireplace without water! With a (slightly) abrasive side to cut through soot, and a soft side to buff off residue, this pad is gentle enough to protect your glass, but serious enough to remove soot and ash from your viewing window.
Wooden Sun carries several types of firestarters. In keeping with our philosophy of trying to use only wood in our stoves and fireplaces, most of our firestarting products are made of compressed sawdust or wood shavings, sometimes held together with paraffin.
Shown here: Woodfield “Little Bucket” firesarters. This colorful metal bucket holds 13 wood shaving-and-paraffin firestarters.
Minuteman Hearth Gloves
Available in either 13″ or 19″ sizes, these insulated fireplaces gloves allow you to pick up and move burning logs in your woodstove or fireplace. They allow more precision than a poker, and protect you from burns on your hands or arms.
Love-Less Ash Cougar Ash Vacuum
• Designed and Assembled in the USA with a 10 year limited warranty
• For use with cool to warm fine ash
• Patented filter system designed to filter the finest ash particles
• Sealed design will never leak ash through the exhaust
• Go between wet and dry without switching filters
• Clean the filters without opening the unit
• Includes full set of accessories engineered to capture dust from tight places
• Ideal for fireplaces, wood stoves, pellet stoves, fireplaces, and BBQs
Tuffduck Wood Tote
This sturdy canvas log tote from TuffDuck comes in either a medium or large size.
Pictured is a set of axes from German axe manufacturer Helko Werks. Helko has been crafting high-quality axes since the 1840s. All axes are hand-forged from German C50 high grade carbon steel, with handles of solid American hickory, and come with a vegetable-tanned leather sheath. Check out their website — they have a wide variety of high-quality axes available, from hatchets to mauls and splitting wedges (their website also features information about the forging process, for those with an interest in blacksmithing).
Wooden Sun carries a wide variety of log racks, hoops, and baskets.
Shown here: Blue Rhino wrought iron log rack, 15″h x 22″ w.
Hearth Tool Sets
We sell hearth toolsets from multiple distributors, in a variety of sizes and styles.
Shown here: 5-piece tool set with ring/twist handles
The original Looftlighter is the fastest, safest and cleanest charcoal and fire starter in the world. It lights charcoal, briquettes and wood in 60 seconds without any dangerous chemicals, using only heated air.
- Clear acrylic dome designed to prevent condensation and withstand changes in temperature
- Fits all roof slopes and types – asphalt, clay, wood shake, etc.
- Silver-coated tubes reflect 98% of entering light, while remaining sealed to keep additional heat from entering your home
- Arched prismatic diffuser scatters the light evenly as it enters your home, reducing UV rays and hot spots
- 10″ model illuminates up to 150 sq. ft (300 watts)
- 13″ model illuminates up to 300 sq. ft (500 watts)
- 15″ model illuminates up to 500 sq. ft (1,000 watts)